Fort Worth Meacham International Airport
Fort Worth Meacham International Airport (KFTW) is an important public airport in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. It has been a vital part of the local aviation community since 1932 and serves over 1 million passengers annually. The airport features two runways and multiple FBOs and offers direct flights to more than 20 domestic cities.
Fort Worth Meacham International Airport has undergone significant modernization and improvement in recent years, cementing its place as one of the foremost airports in the region. The airport offers passengers a range of modern amenities designed to make air travel as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
- Expanded terminal building. The expanded terminal building is one of the most notable modern amenities at Fort Worth Meacham International Airport. The terminal offers several state-of-the-art features, including interactive flight information boards, modern business centers, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport.
- Multiple dining options. The airport also has multiple dining options for passengers. From fast-food chains to fine-dining restaurants, the food options at the airport cater to all tastes and budgets.
- Shopping. The airport also features duty-free shopping, newsstands, and gift shops to entertain passengers while waiting for their flights.
- Accessible facilities for passengers with disabilities. The airport has worked hard to provide a high-quality travel experience for those with disabilities. It ensures services, such as wheelchair assistance, accessible restrooms, and accessible parking lots, among other services.
- Ground transportation services. The airport offers several ground transportation services. Passengers can take a taxi or book a ride with car rental companies that operate on the airport premises, including popular brands such as Enterprise, Hertz, and Avis.
Attractions Nearby Fort Worth Meacham International Airport
Fort Worth Meacham International Airport is conveniently located near some of the best attractions in the surrounding area. Here are a few points of interest that are worth checking out:
- Fort Worth Stockyards: The Fort Worth Stockyards is just a short drive from the airport and offers a glimpse into the city's rich Western heritage. The Stockyards features daily cattle drives, museums, shops, and restaurants.
- Sundance Square: Located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Sundance Square is a vibrant entertainment district offering visitors various activities and experiences. It boasts shops, restaurants, theaters, and art galleries, making it a perfect spot to explore after a long flight.
- Kimbell Art Museum: The Kimbell Art Museum, located just minutes from the airport, is renowned for its extensive collection of masterpieces from around the world. The museum features works by artists such as Salvador Dalí, Michelangelo, and Pablo Picasso.
- Six Flags Over Texas: For adrenaline seekers, Six Flags Over Texas is a must-visit attraction only a short drive from the airport. The amusement park offers thrilling rides, shows, and interests, including the world-famous Texas Giant roller coaster.
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden: The Fort Worth Botanic Garden is one of the oldest botanic gardens in Texas and has over 2,500 species of plants. A lake encompasses the garden and offers visitors peaceful walking paths, charming fountains, and stunning natural scenery.